Jan 22, 2013

Thoughts About PMS

Regarding my previous post.
I should have known... The why to 'why I do that?'
I should have seen the signs. I usually do and give my man a little warning...
The sweet creme of chestnut craving. the 2 twix bars I ate. The sweet tooth.
The headaches, neck and shoulder stress... Extra sensitivity.
Teary. Impatience. And flying of the handle.

I should walk around with signs hanging around my neck.
This is what they would say.

"Handle with CAUTION!
 Can blow up anytime"


"Watch what you say! 
Everything you say will be blown out 
of proportion and held against you"


"Do not bring up touchy subjects, or past unpleasant memories.
I will relive them, suffer them all over again and make you suffer too."

"Do not blame me for anything.
And I mean NOTHING"

For the kiddos

"For the next 2 days. 
Do everything I say. How I say. When I say"


That should do. 

Most months, the symptoms are so insignificant,
I can control the PMS monster pretty well, we barely notice, no, really...
But there are the occasional months where you better stay clear. 
And no way of telling which ones!
After 22 years, our kids, our marriage and Mike have survived them all.
That's 264, 
+ the 4 pregnancies which are like 9 months each of most likely possibly worst PMS symptoms. 

Advice to my girls 
As you grow up and get married warn your husband,
discuss your 'possible' symptoms before they think 
you have been abducted and replaced by an alien or worst a monster!
Then again you might just be fine and have no symptoms.
Yeah, right. 
Don't count on it!

Advice to my Boys/Future Son-in-laws
When you get married 
Take an important-can't-get-out-of-sudden-work-church-related trip out of town for a couple of days.
Oh and do not tell the girlfriend, wife, sister, mother, friend she has PMS!


Just be kind, and caring, and helpful, and sweet, and take no offence,
if you can't do all the above, stay clear, or suffer (see previous post...)

1 comment:

Justine Bringhurst said...

Hahahahaha amen!