Jan 11, 2013

My Not 'New Year Resolutions'

A few lot of things I want to continue doing,
do better, accomplish, become and/or see this year.
I see most of these as daily, weekly and monthly living
rather than the well-meaning-but-quickly-abandoned 'new year resolutions'.
This works better for me. I feel less presure and I do more
because I reevalute them daily, weekly and monthly.
 A Year is too long. I prefere "Baby Steps".
It's more managable.

Relationship with God  
Daily sincere prayers and scripture pondering.
Weekly recording on my spiritual/gratitude blog.
Listen to 1 or 2 General Conference talk every week on my walks.
Monthly Temple attendance/service; once with a girl friend, once with Mike.
Fulfill my callings in my Church Ward 100%
Find more opportunities to serve others.

Fitness and Well Being
 Zumba class 3 times a week.
 Yoga at home 2 times a week for 30mn.
Brisk daily walks for 1h. Do a few HITT workouts on yoga days.
Make breakfast a priority. Big healthy lunch. Afternoon snack and light dinner.
Learn about and do more sprouting. (Almonds, wheat, walnuts, rice)
Lap swim 30mn during the summer months once or twice a week.
Maybe pick up more cycling with Mike and Amelie?
Go to sleep before 10:30pm

Family
Be a better mom and wife.
Read Marley and me with Amelie
Get Emric to finally finish his Eagle. This is the year!
Teach Emric to drive! I'm not your best teacher for driving lessons.
I'm afraid, I freak out more than I help!!! Mike is better than I in that erea.
Better/more peaceful daily family prayers and scripture reading (before 9pm).
Go to all the meets I can to watch Emric and Amelie compete and/or practice....
Make my man a priority. Weekly dates. Week-end walks.Words of Affirmations.
(I need  to stop telling him he is getting pudgy and policing his eating habits)
Work on my Family history. Sort through years of digital photos.
Edit Photos and post years 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001
Stay updated with my weekly blog posts.
Finish my England Blog

Visits
San Antonio.
Not miss the Texas Blue bonnet flowers, again!
I would love to go to France and see my family?
Maybe Hawaii to see Justine?

Home
Paint Amelie's bedroom
Keep up with the yard work!
Succeed in growing tomatoes in Texas?
2 years with no success! Maybe the 3rd time will be the one?
Go through more than one junk draw/cupboard a year!
How about one draw/cupboard once a month?
(Especially my Tupperware cupboard mess!)
Tackle the half bath remodeling.

Well, now that this is all in writing, I should be more accountable...


No comments: