Jan 28, 2013

Cyber Bullying in 4th grade?

I got this email from Amelie's teacher today:

"We've had some issues arise in the classroom due to texting amongst classmates.
Thank you for continuing to monitor their cell phones.
Have a great week!!"

Amelie told me that most of her friends have cell phones. 
It's been one of her arguments, why she should get one. 
She does have a Kindle which I feel is plenty enough...
I asked her about what issues were going on in class?
 She said some girl was Cyber bullying at school.
And texting inappropriate stuff; bad words.
They are not 10 yet! Those kids...
What has this world come to?
This! In 4th grade?!?!?

Justine, 
in Junior High experienced a form of bullying, not Cyber though.
She did not let it last long. 
She went to the school principal and told on the boys.
They were disciplined and never bothered her again.
I know it was a hard thing for her to do at the time.
She could have pressed charges against them but didn't. 
The matter was totally resolved with the school and parents of the boys.
I was very proud of her! 

This is a great information web site about Bullying.


No comments: