Jun 27, 2016

Week 69 - CHANGES

So BIG NEWS! The mission boundries in the MBM are changing! Here is what my MTC companion had to say about it and I liked it!

This week we received some of the most devastating news i've ever received on my mission.  The boundaries of the Maryland Baltimore Mission are making some changes and we having to make some crazy adaptions.  The Annapolis stake is leaving the MBM and we are gaining two new stakes from PA into our mission.  Now, this may not sound like a big deal to you but i want you to picture your house.  The place you call home.  And it's filled with all the people you love scattered in different rooms, when all of the sudden someone comes along and cuts out a room and takes all the people with it, leaving some strangers as their replacement.  Well... that's how i feel.  And because that's how i feel, i have shed a lot of tears at the thought of losing some of my best friends (including two of my previous companions).  But, i guess all i can really do is embrace the new intruders and welcome them into the mission.

So that is how Sister Buchi feels about it. Those two companions of hers is me and my current companion, Sister Suda. It is fairly accurate if describing being wrenched out of that house where you are known and loved. And how, to the DC North mission, I am intruding upon them! But I am very excited and welcoming of this change! One thing has been apparent is that this change of boundries is merely an effect of the temple being build in Philidelphia! Its a sign that the church is growing and sometimes that means some boundary changes!

IF YOU DONT READ ANYTHING ELSE READ/SEE THIS:) :
So Sister Suda and I took some pictures to express how we felt about the whole changing missions things and being the chosen sister leaders to be the example!! Here is a series of pictures and captions that will hopefully entertain:


So we found out about the whole thing on thursday! President mysteriously called up us and the Zone Leaders at 8:30 and told us to meet him at the stake center in 30 minutes. We got there and President and Sister Christiansen broke the new to us that we will be changing missions and answered all our questions we had regarding the whole change so we could answer the questions of those in the zone. They asked for our opinion on the message he was preparing to send to the whole message and how we should go about having goodbye interviews and a Zone Training where the DC North mission president could come meet us before the change. - Also side note, this current DC North Mission pres is finishing his mission July 1st, yeah the day that we become part of the mission. So the new mission president we will have to meet also! - and then he and Sister Christiansen just spoiled us because its all they knew to do with us. We had lunch and then they took us to a super good donut shop and then to an ice cream shop! Definitely trying to make us feel better with sweets! I gotta say it did help.

Then next day, I just to meet with President and Sister Christansen in a "goodbye" interview. I cried at the end. They are such amazing people. I am SO grateful to have served with them and cannot imagine my life having not known them.

Monday, half the mission decided to go to baltimore! Most (if not the entire) Annapolis zone and many other missionaries who wanted to say good bye to us came! I got to see Sister Botchway and Hermana Krause! Two of my trainees (Hermana Krause was NOT and hermana when I trained her haha!) I also got a picture of me, Sister Botchway, and Sister Sosa (Sister Botchway was her follow up trainee!) So Sister Sosa is my first grand baby! :) #soproud


We played some great volley ball and chatted up a STORM, of course!

AND LAST THING! on tuesday! We went on exchanges with the SPANISH SISTERS! I went into spanish work with Hermana Tuttle and Hermana Dahle took my place in Odenton! We had some adventures! There was a HUGE rain storm! You couldnt see more than a few yard infront of you. Later that day, we parked in a huge puddle because it was the only parking there. Hermana Tuttle sacrificed for me to step on dry ground! Then she jammed on the piano! SO FUN she is so talented!

In the lessons we went to Hermana Tuttle insisted that I tried following along with my english pamplets. I didnt understand most of what was going on though. We taught the message of the restoration to a lady. I was able to follow along enough so  when it was time to talk about the restoration I was able to jump in! Fortunately this woman was able to understand some english and understood what I said :)

here is a link to those good times!!


Well! Thats what I have for you today!
Have a great week! Know the Lord loves you! Dont get upset about the ward or stake boundary changes! It just means the work of the Lord is growing :)

Sister Nakata

No comments: