Nov 3, 2012

Declutering - Part 1

There is nothing like going through old stuff, 
and getting rid of junk for a couple's togetherness! 
We don't do it often enough! 
I especially like it when Mike does it. 
He is more of a pack rat than I am.

Today, if we survive this, we can survive anything!

My 3 Questions for what GOES:

1. Is it/will it be meaningful for our family and kids 10, 20, 30 years from now? 

2. Do you want to be buried with it? 
(if not, might as well get rid of it now)

3. Have you used it in the last 2 years? 
(I'm too nice it's really 1year)

*****
Mike had to go through his dad's stuff when he passed away. 
He spent 3 days cleaning out just 1 room!
I remind him of that and how fun it was. Not!
And that we don't want to do that to our kids or each other...

It helps him let go of stuff!
It's hard though, he doesn't much like these questions, 
but they are of utmost importance to me!
He is such a trouper, the stuff I put him through! :)

It's less painful to him when I do this by myself 
and either throw things away when he's out of town, 
or sell it on the net!

Oups!!! I'm in trouble!
Today he found out I sold one of his 5 ladders for $50 
(it got used twice, and it's heavy!) 

*****
Oh... how I love this happy little French girl!
We found this newspaper article of yours truly when I was 8 years old living in Australia!

 ***** 


1 comment:

MNakata said...

That's my girl!