Nov 17, 2012

La Cabana Resort & A Word about TimeShares

Next we stayed at La Cabana. 
Mike had bought a year ago, for $300, a 5 nights stay here with Blue Green Timeshares.
Of  course we had to go to a 3 h sales presentation! 
(they said it would be 1 1/2 h, year right, not with Mike in the mix!)
We did not buy and walked away with our gift of a 2 day rental car worth around $100!
We also used Sky miles for our flights.
So, not bad a deal...

I hate timeshare presentations with a passion though! 
I do not care for high pressure sales...
We've been to so many, throughout our marriage, close to 10! 
Mike sees it as a more economical way of vacationing!
And he has a hard time saying the word 'NO' to salesman that want to offer us a cheap vacation!!!!
I resist a lot, but once I am there I do enjoy myself...
Who would not like these little getaways with the hubby?
But please, no more... Time share presentations, that is!
We already own one anyway that we use every other year for family vacations.
It was the cheapest on that was offered to us!


The cute little Chapel in our room's courtyard.


No comments: