Aug 29, 2016

Week 77 - Final Letter

Heeey everyone!!

So this is my final letter on my mission!! O.o I can't believe it's coming to an end :( but I am excited to come and see my family!! I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve! Life changing! If you're thinking about it, do it :)

This week was great!

Tuesday we had a great Zone conference! All companionships were asked to prepare to teach the restoration in front of everyone. And then 3 companionships would be asked to role play. Well ours was chosen! We did pretty well! It turned out to be not too bad :)

Wednesday morning we had lunch at the mission home! They wanted to have all those in the Chinese program for a meeting. Since Sister Lau was in that she was invited! I also went to Bowie with Sister Barrus on Wednesday! To exchange we met up at Krispy Kreme! I literally watched the donuts be fried and glazed! So cool. Sister Barrus was great! This is her first transfer. She is great. We had time to go contacting. Before we ventured to contact we said a prayer in the car and set a goal to share a Book of Mormon scripture with 3 different people. Which was a stretch because Sister Barrus had previously gone contacting for 2 or 3 hours and the most she had shared was 2. We had one hour to find 3 people to share a thought with. I could make the story good and give you all the details and build suspense, but I dont remember the details well enough! Needless to say, we found the 3 :) it was a miracle wrought by faith and hard work!

Thursday we had a cool lesson with this guy named Roberto! He has recently moved to the are and was interested in learning more!

Friday we got our front tires replaced while we were waiting we talked to this guy Junius! We talked about what missionaries do and invited him to church! And! He showed up! :D

On Saturday I worked with Hermana Bateman in her area! Fun fact! For those of you who know the Leishman family in the Glen Loch Ward (Sister Leishman is a seminary teacher) Hermana Bateman is their niece! We had a great time together! The coolest experience was going to visit LaQuilla. She isnt Spanish speaking so she is going to be passed soon, but she is eager to learn! By eager I mean EAGER! She told us to give her a homework assignment so she could read and find the answers. Then when we come back we can quiz her like its a school class or something. She had other questions and we had suggestions of scriptures she could read and videos she could watch. She wrote down everything she needed to know to find them and was excited to start studying. It was incredible!

Sunday my companions and I gave talks on repentance! We had 3 days notice! Our investigator Felicia came! It was such a pleasure to serve the people of the Odenton Ward twice! I am having a very warm farewell from them :) they are amazing!

Today we had a fun zone activity, we played sports and had a BBQ!

Tuesday we have a specialized training all day for the new missionaries! sister Gehlen gets her iPad!

Wednesday is the departing missionary dinner!

Thursday I get home! :D

Okay, all in all. I have so many mixed feelings! I cant actually believe that its going to happen. I am actually coming home! It is sad to go but exciting to see you all again!!

I have been saying this my whole mission, but because I became a full-time missionary, the Lord made me a much better missionary and disciple that I would have ever been with out the mission. I know who I am, I know whose I am, I know where I am going and who I am going with, my family!

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support!
Sister Nakata

No comments: