Jun 19, 2012

A Very Bad Nurse!

So yesterday, I felt really really bad!
 Mike was 'needing to' and finally able to take a shower since his surgery. 

During the day, I did all the stuff I usually do when he's at work, 
while checking on him once in a while.
I took kids to swim practice, walked Chloe, went to Zumba, 
went to Costco (with Justine to get her a Acer Netbook for College), 
which took 3 hours!!! 
Only one Costco had it and it's a flipping hour away from our house!  
Needless to say, I was gone most of the day.
I did think Emric was going to help him, while I was gone,
but Emric slept until 4pm.

Bottom Line

I got him in the shower around 5pm.
Went downstairs to refill his ice thingy, cleaned up the kitchen a little,
then saw that Emric had missed watering some flower pots in the yard, 
so I watered them, 
while I was there I picked up Chloe's toys... etc.
Well, you get the picture!

Coming from the house, I hear this faint call:
"I need some help..." 

Oh no! 
Mike had been in the shower. Sitting there. Abandoned. 
By the time I got to him he was feeling really sick, faint, nauseous, white as a ghost or yellowish!
He eventually threw up and felt OK enough to go back to bed with Emric's and my help.

Once in bed exhausted, he said to me in his no-one-cares-about-me-voice:
"No one fed me lunch..."

Ahhhh! Talk about Guilt!!!! I was full of it!
All he had all day was a small bagel I made him for breakfast 
and a fruit smoothy Justine made him in the morning.

I for sure I could not be a nurse,
I get queazy just hearing about side effects of medicine,
see needles going into flesh, 
or see those I love (ie: Alexi when he was 5) with broken arms,
and I would forget about my patients all the time!

My poor Guy!

I am happy to report that
I am taking extra good care of him today!

Mike's Disabled Handy Dandy Shower Chair

No comments: