Jun 30, 2012

Crazy 23 hour Road Trip & Family Ties

The stuff we do for family!
If you would have told me, just a few years ago, that I would be taking a road trip to Utah,
from Houston, WITHOUT Mike, I would have said you are nuts! 
But, here I am, without him, with 3 kids, taking such a trip.
 Granted, Justine is doing half the driving, 
my trusted phone is doing the navigating, 
we are doing it in 3 days, 
we have plenty of electronic entertainment, 
and last but not least, 
Amelie and Emric are never sitting next to each other.

This all helps, but the main reason I am doing this is to have the cousins together for 3 weeks. 
Including their cousin Corentin from France.
To me it makes it all worth it. 
I love my family, cousins and all.
I remember my dad often taking us to visiting oncles, grandparents, second cousins, great aunts/onles,
and so forth.
At the time I wasn't too thrilled as a kid and teen, but I am so grateful my dad took me with him.
I would give anythiing to relive those precious moments.
I would be so much more attentive and interested in them...

So, it is important to me,  that my kids have a sense of family ties too.
Especially since we live so far away from my family in France!

So, here we come Las Vegas! 
(we are meeting the Browns and Corentin there for a week)

Les choses que l'on fait pour la famille!
Si vous m'aviez dit, il y a quelques années, que je ferais un voyage de route jusqu'en Utah du Texas,
SANS Mike, Je vous aurais dit que vous etes fou!
Mais me voila, sans lui, avec 3 enfants, qui prend un tel voyage.
Accordée, Justine fait la moitie de la conduite,
mon téléphone portable fait la navigation,
on le fait en 3 jours,
on a plein de divertissements électronique,
et dernièrement mais pas sans poids,
Amelie et Emric ne sont jamais assis l'un a cote de l'autre.

Tout cela ça aide bien mais la vrai raison pourquoi je fait un tel grand voyage,
C'est pour que les cousins, cousines soit ensemble pour 3 semaines.
Leur cousin Corentin de France compris. 

Pour moi cela en vaut la peine.
J'aime ma famille, cousins et tous!
Je me souviens que mon père nous emmenait souvent visiter les cousins,
 tantes, grand parents, grand oncles/tantes, second cousins, etc.
Je donnerais n'import quoi pour revivre ces moments précieux.
Je serais plus attentive et intéressée a eux si ce serais possible!
C'est important pour moi, que mes enfants, comme on vit si loin des uns des autres,
 aient un sens de lien familiaux.

Donc nous voila, Las Vegas!
(On rejoint la famille Brown la pour une semaine.)

No comments: