Jun 8, 2012

Justine's Graduation

So, Graduating in the Woodlands has been quite an event,
or should I say 'lots' of events!

When I graduated in France, 
the extent of my celebrating my years of high school,
 was going to the school after we took our finals and looking on a list posted on the school doors.
I jumped up and down when I saw my name!!! 
Oh, and my diploma was mailed to me.
That was over 20 years ago, not sure if it's still the same now?
It was quite a different story of what happens in America!
If I remember correctly, there was:

* A Senior Picnic by the Woodland's lake
* A Senior Prom Dance at the Marriott
* A Graduation ceremony at The Pavilion
(where every 900+students walks one by one and gets congratulated)
* An all night (11pm till 5am) Lock down 
where the Seniors played games, 
had all you what food, won prises, won money! 
Justine came home with having won $138, she had so much fun!

Basically, they really celebrate, have fun and get recognized.
I'm not sure what I think? 
Was my graduation in France too little? 
I think maybe yes...
Is graduation in America too much?
I think maybe a little...

(oh, and it's all planned for over 900 students, by lots of volunteers, 
and donations in moula, time and stuff)

I do have to mention I very much dislike the school color! 
A very ugly unattractive green!

The pics are really bad, we were sitting quite far!
The finaly


No comments: