May 4, 2015

Week 12 Full Time Biker & Satan Ain't That Bad???

Hello Everyone!

Yes there are crazy riots going on in Baltimore just a little north of me, no they aren't affecting me or the work here beyond interrupting conversation :)

While talking to everyone and anyone Sister Jeppson and I ran into Levain Satanist...hahaha very very interesting. They say that most of them don't even believe in Satan but "identify" more with Satan. And they also don't think satan is a bad buy, just the adversary of God. Haha weirdest conversation ever.

Our investigator, Theresa surprised us this week by telling us she is going to get off work to go to church next Sunday! What? She said she is going to try and get every other Sunday off so she can make it! We hadn't even discussed church attendance with her yet!

Our Investigator Renea and her Member husband Dave made it to sacrament meeting. His first time going in 25 years! awesome they were able to come!

Our investigator Stephanie told us this week that she believes the Book Of Mormon is true! It was so so cool! She missed church this Sunday but she was sick so I think we will let it slide haha

But yeah things are going super great here! Next week I will get to Skype home and that will be fun! I love you all so much!

Oh! And a week before I came to the area an old lady tried merging into the elders so the drivers side was a little funky and so they are taking it in to have that whole side redone and the car will be gone for 2 weeks. SO! I am a full time biking missionary for the next 14 days. yaaay! ...haha just trying to have a positive attitude will help I think haha. But my legs will be stronger! And my forearms tanner! 

The weather here is BEAUTIFUL! Spring is just awesome!

Oh! This week I sat next to Renea in sacrament meeting, her first sacrament meeting and it was fast and testimony meeting. People started going up and then she nudged me and said I should go up!! haha what are you supposed to do when your investigator tells you to bare your testimony?? You go bare it! That has definitely been a much easier thing for me to do nowadays thank goodness. What I shared was that I realized this week that even thought I am doing EVERYTHING right and being obedient, I still have the same old insecurities that I always have. They still exist and try to bring you down! But I have learned that even at those times you can lean on the Savior and He helps with even those things!

I love the Savior! I love God. They love me! and I am grateful to be here serving a mission! Have a great week!

Sister Nakata

Justine Happy with the skirt I sent her last week! :)
I've got to tell her to go take her photos outside! 
Hey but at least I am getting some photos!

No comments: