Feb 18, 2013

Saturday Yard Work & Fun

After Amelie's meet yesterday, we spent 2-3 hours giving our back yard a LOT of TLC.
Yes, we did have to drag both kids out there to help us!
We even had a few tears and some bribing at first... (They each get 10$).
It really needed weeding, raking, cleaning, trimming
and throwing sticks, leaves and pine needles over the fence.
Very convenient, if you ask me, no neighbors on the one side and lots of underbrush.

It felt so good to take care of our little yard.
That kind of hard work is so rewarding...
We had the music blasting - Sorry neighbors.
Chloe loved it too, with all of her pack out in the yard!
With the occasional soccer ball kicks and throws, she was in heaven!
We had fun too... Amelie is always very entertained when she sees mom being a little crazy. 
As for Mike, he cannot resist me!
He's got quit the moves himself too! Don't you think?

Today, I enjoyed our cleaned-up yard with contentment and gratitude.
 I got a blanket and some pillows and Skyped my family in France from my porch.
It was so lovely! 
Pretty soon I'll be planting flowers in my pots!
The weedy flowers, as seen on pictures, are all gone now.

Then it will be really be heavenly...

 

No comments: