Mar 24, 2012

I Love a Fresh Coat of Paint

 This is what we did 'here' during Spring Break

It was a dark green khakish on the main floor and the stairs were dark red.
Too much dark for me!!!
Before

The pictures do not quite reflect the true colors, but it's close. 
The 2 walls without windows are a beige/gray
The satires are those 2 colors too
I love the Sherwood Williams Super Paint
The blue/gray paint is Upward 25% lighter
The gray paint is Versatile gray 50% lighter 
I always get my paint a shade lighter because I love it when it is goes on, 
but I get disappointed when it dries darker. 
I repainted some walls in my bedroom like 2/3 times before I was pleased with the shade!!
So from now on I just get lighter off the bat!

Result of our hard work:
* LOVE * LOVE * LOVE *

Even Mike Loves it! 
He always puts up a stink when I want to change big things like that. 
He said it makes the place look Bigger, Fresher and more Inviting.
He is also very confident now in my painting skills! I'm good! :)

I haven't put all my deco/frames back on yet. 
I also want to maybe wallpaper the tall thingy in the corner like I saw in pinterest, 
or paint where the red is, it doesn't match anymore. 
I want some Oranges and/or Mustard Yellows!
I also want to get a nice rug for the sitting room and 2 colorful chairs. 

No comments: