Mar 2, 2012

"The Talk"

Tonight out of the blue, Amelie came to me asking...

Amelie: "Mom, I want the talk"

Me (clueless): "You want what? What talk?"

Amelie: "You know 'The Talk'! "

Me: "Oh... The Talk!? About sex?"

Amelie: "Yeah about how to make babies."

Me: "Now?"

Amelie: "Yes"

Me thinking.  
Oh no, not now? she just turned 9!
I should have had a few more years like at least 1 or 2 before 'The Talk'!
I need some visual helps. Please some help!

Me: "Justine has some books. Let's go see."
She had 2, but more for teens and a little too mature for a 9 year old.
Now I'm in a little panic:
Me Thinking: The library web site. I check it but the wait time for those book are too long!
Wait, Amazon! Hew... Amazon to the rescue! 

I have to admit,
I'm not good at taking on spur of the moment big things like 'The Talk'!
I also know that we need to seize those moments when they come,
so we talked a little about some of it without going into details.
And, she is Ok with waiting for the books.
So now, at least, I have a few days to prepare, until the first book arrives!!!
 I also will have the help of some really smart people that wrote these books!

Here are Amelie's and my picks after reading reviews and looking into them.
Amazon had a special by 3 get 1 free so we also got these: 
Just when I thought the conversation was over...
Amelie asks: What I would say if I had a boyfriend!?
Oh Boy!
so I added this one to the list:

No comments: