Mar 31, 2015

Week 7 - Pizza Dare & Trash Services

Hello Friends! :D

So this week as been pretty fun! I went on my first exchanges and was left in the Odenton with Sister Lawrence! We were on bikes the whole time and I kept taking us in circles! I am sure we took the wrong turn about 5 times in a row! But we managed to get everywhere we needed to be on time and it turned out alright! And sister Lawrence is awesome! I love her, it was really cool to have the chance to serve with her! I also have an awesome district and zone. :)

I definitely do not like riding bikes for miles upon miles...but I can see how it is good for me, as well as the exercising every morning! I definitely eat enough that it is smart to be exercising daily. 
Members feed us so well :) 
And speaking of eating! Saturday night I definitely ate a whole Little Caesars pizza all by myself. 
Sister Moore dared me! And I figured I would go for it! And I made it! And I wasn't sick! :D haha 
I am not sure that I plan on making it a habit but I do think it was fun!

This past Preparation day some of the sisters in my zone decided to go visit downtown Annapolis and it was Gorgeous! We went to a place called Chick and Ruth's and tried Maryland crab cakes! it was pretty good! I also tried the cream of crab soup, also good. Neither I was too too crazy about, but the crab that was in them was pretty great!


Service is my favorite thing to do as a missionary by far! I dont have to think about teaching lessons or getting commitments, just serve! This past week I had 3 opportunities to serve. We raked sticks from a members yard, painted a potential investigators room ( I love painting), and helped clean a less active's home.

The potential investigators room we helped paint is named Theresa and I love her! its the second or third time we have come over to just help her get her house in order for an inspection. She has 8 kids all home and in school. She's a single mother. She loves her kids so much but her house is definitely trashed. Literally, I helped clean it up. We took out bags and bags of just trash from her home. 
She knows she needs God in her life. We just hope she will be able to find the time. 
We were able to have a great (but sad) sit down with her as she was helping support her Cousin (who is a member) through a really hard time as she was questioning her faith. Her niece was just murdered by that niece's boyfriend. It was so sad but the strength that those two women were able to have was incredible. 
Sister Moore is also awesome at comforting, it amazes me.

One last thing. I was studying and fell upon D&C 60:2-3 and it is like scary how guilty it can make you feel about not spreading the gospel! I love it haha

I love you all so much! 

Sister Nakata

No comments: