Mar 9, 2015

Week 4 Keeping Warm and Dry

Hello everyone!

I cannot believe I have been gone just a month, it has felt like forever! Its crazy. 
This week there was a snow storm. Thursday it snowed ALL DAY, it was crazy. 
We walked for so long and we had tons of street contacts. 
We helped a number of people shovel their driveways and scrape snow off their cars. 
It snowed at least 10 inches or so! It was fun and then we walked all day Friday and all day Saturday. My calf's are still a little sore. 

We found a bunch of potential investigators so I hope that works out. We technically have 3 investigators right now but I've been here 11 days now and only seen one of them once. 
So that's kind of funny. We have been having a lot lessons with less active members. 
I have yet to see any great miracles of the mission yet but there are still a number of weeks I have left! 



The pictures I sent are from that snow storm. The one of donut tracks in the church parking lot was to capture how much fun Sister Spencer (the ward mission leader's wife) had while waiting for us to get out of a meeting with her husband and the Elders. When we got in the car, she also let us have a little fun too. It was so great!
I am in suburbs that are kind of gangster-y but nice in others! Its about 20 minutes or so from Baltimore! and really close to a base and tons of people who work for the governments! There are a few guys in my ward who are President Obama's body guards! so thats kinda neat! Lots of nice members

The boots that I have were not exactly made for wet weather, so my toes had a fun time this week! haha lets just say they were not the warmest! But I just kept going and kept having fun. OH! and thank you mom for that coat you decided to just give me, I wear it every day! Even in the MTC I wore it. On the cold days and snow storm and wear like 5 or 6 layers of clothes! its so funny how bundled up I get!

My companion, Sister Moore is always so excited and enthusiastic about everything! its crazy! She also always talking to people. She will talk to everyone and be so interested in everyone. Its hard to do that haha. In lessons we are trying to take turns talking more and she always feels bad because she thinks shes cutting me off, and I say no! I just think "thank you for saving me!"

We were in a member lesson and it was at the end and she had talked a lot and I was thinking it was time to go so I wasn't about ready to go off talking but she starts to just look at me and I'm thinking "what?" and she says "did you want to say something?" "OH! right" and then bore quick testimony of whatever principle it was. It was so so funny! After wards she felt so bad! she was like " I can't believe I was so rude!" I just laughed, I thought it was great. I told her it takes a lot to offend me!

As far as missionary work goes, we don't have a ton of investigators really and we have a lot of appointments fall through and we mostly just plan to "try by" people most nights. But since we are making a lot of street contacts I hope all those pass a long cards and few Book of Mormons I have handed out make differences in peoples lives and is part of the Lord preparing them!

I am happy to be here and sticking it through this cold! I hope it warms up soon like its supposed to!

Love you all!

Sister Nakata
Odenton MD 

No comments: