Mar 16, 2015

Week 5 - The Queen of Australia & Celestial Parking

Hey everybody!!
So this past week has been pretty good! There have been a few days that the weather has been so nice! It feels good! It felt like Spring time was coming! But then the last half of this week has been pretty cold, but I know it has to start warming up soon! It was crazy that one day it felt so incredibly nice out and less than a week earlier there was a crazy snow storm! I forgot how nice spring time feels! Spring is not a season in Hawaii! I do love the feel of it though, that's for sure!

So in this mission we don't really tract unless we feel like knocking on a few random doors, and thats really it. We try to get as many referrals as possible and contact those. We also try to talk to everyone we can! When I am doing really well and just talking to strangers I like to think of myself as "Channeling Dad"  Because I just feel so much like thats something he would do.

So I don't think I mentioned this yet but last week or so we knocked on a random door and the woman who answered was watching an old old lady and this old old lady is apparently the Queen of Australia! So that was pretty neat. She has Alzheimer and told us the same story about 5 times but it was pretty cool regardless! She was super sweet! And the woman who was watching her had a daughter that just got baptized in Utah or something 2 weeks ago! that was pretty interesting too!

I love it when we talk to people who are really nice. Even when they have no interest, they are still just super nice! Then there are other people who treat us like we are trying to sell drugs or just damn their souls...yeah those are interesting. Then there are those that are concerned for Our souls. And those who think that they are right and we are wrong. And a mix of them all! Some days I just tell my companion that I just want to scream at them and say "I am just trying to give you eternal life!!!"

Oh! Okay so you know how missionaries have to back each other out every time they are in reverse? Well I heard one missionary refer to parking spaces that you can just pull through and not have to back out as "Celestial parking." Haha I thought that was so great!

Since I have been out here on a mission I have loved my study time! it has been great. I am always a little bummed that my hour to study is already up! Its weird. And after the first 5 or 10 minutes I am perfectly happy getting up early in the morning!

I have been able to teach a few investigators this week! That has been pretty cool. None of them are really solid investigators but I hope some of them become it soon! We are also visiting a lot of Less Active sisters and trying to get them to come back to church regularly. Its just so hard sometimes when they have such "drama" with it!

I am definitely having a good time here! I am getting to know who is who in the ward a lot better! and that is definitely nice.
I know the Lord loves me so much and is always there trying to help me be better as long as I am trying to be better!
I love Him and I love all of you!
Thank you for all the support!
You're awesome!

Sister Nakata
Odenton MD 


Some 
Preparation Day 
F U N & Relaxing


No comments: