May 12, 2013

A Mother's Day Without a Hitch. Well Almost.

 I had a great Mother's Day today!

I do love being a mother, even if some moments/days can be hard and oh so stressful.
I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Motherhood comes with so many emotions, all of which are part of me.
They are part of who I am and who I am becoming.
It stretches my soul, makes me grow and want to be better for them.
It drives me crazy too sometimes.
But it is worth it!

Justine on Saturday night finished the laundry,
mopped the floors and cleaned up the downstairs
until 2:30am!
So the house would be nice and clean for me today...


Emric made crepes for breakfast.
They ended up being eaten for lunch.
We had no time for them before church for breakfast...
So we made yummy Diner Crepes for lunch.


 Amelie sang a mother's day song at church with all the other kids 
and made me not one, but 2 love notes at church!
By the way everything we got at church was chocolate!
Hershey bar, Hershey kisses and hugs, M&M's.
Yuck. Yuck & Yuck!
But that's OK cause at home I had some yummy stuff!

About the hitch!
I said that this was a mother's day almost without a hitch because
I kinda over-reacted when a bag of candy had spilled some sugar on the counter while I was cleaning up.
I threw the bag away, Amelie wasn't very happy and said something not nice to me!
I can get a little uptight when I have to clean up after everyone
(especially on mother's day when everything in my mind should be perfect)
I kinda locked myself in my bedroom, and worked on these pictures, but only for 5 mn.
I realized just how precious our family is.
And that our kids are only with us for a little while.
And that I over-reacted.
I though twice about it and decided to go on the bike ride with the family instead of sulking in my room because of my uncalled for reaction!
It was not worth ruining the day for something so little.
Oh how I wish I was a better mom sometimes...
I try. I fail. And try again.


I love my girls!


I got spoiled once more by my Man...
Friday night diner, movie, favorite cookies, Sunday help in the kitchen...
He is so good to me.
 I could imagine life without
 my lovable-crazy-sometimesanoying-funny-neverboring-talktoomuch-generous Man...

By the way, the cute dress I am wearing, he got it for me on his Birthday!
hihihi!


 I also got a 5 mn phone call from Elder Benny Boy Johnson!!!!
So happy to hear from him from his mission in Sacramento California.

No comments: