Feb 20, 2010

Dog Pros and Cons


Cons
  • House training
  • Cost (Medical bills, food, toys etc.)
  • Might find a lot of shoes, socks, and who knows what else chewed up.
  • Dog hair, more vacuuming and cleaning the floors, getting the kids to do it once a week is sometimes a struggle!
  • Harder to go away for long periods of time
  • Will rock our cats world!
  • Hearing the whines of "Do I have to pick up the dog poop?"
Pros
  • Everyday joy
  • More love and affection in our home
  • Great playmate for the family
  • Excellent companion
  • Great for an exercise partner (will make me go outside and run/walk more often)
  • Caring for a dog can teach children many life-long lessons
  • Studies show that people who own dogs have lower blood pressure, less likely to be depressed and actually live longer
  • Amelie's and Mike's dream will come true. Amelie has been acting like a dog since we can remember! She walks and plays with the neighbors dogs whenever she can.
  • Great for protection (alerts you of any intruders and can deter intruders all together)
  • The cats need more excitement! :)
  • More chores and responsibilities for the kids...
So yes, I am considering a dog, call me crazy. But since I was going to get one as I got older anyway, why not now when the kids can experience the joys of owning one. Now that the decision is made, i need to find the right puppy. After a lot of searching and study, I am looking for a Britanny.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey I found instructions on how to add a menu bar:

http://momswhoblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/blogger-hacks-top-menu-bar.html

I haven't tried following them, though. Good luck.