Nov 30, 2013

My New Fitness Routine and Why I Exercise


For the past 2 years I've been doing Zumba 3 times a week and LOVING it!
Even though, I've been modifying any high impact dance moves, so it's not hard on the knees,
I still, unfortunately, the past few months, have started feeling some pain in my left knee.
Anyway I decided to stop for a while.

The challenge is to find something I enjoy doing.
I have to love it, if it feels to much like a chore, I won't do it.

So of course, I had to rethink my fitness routine.
Because I can't just do nothing as I know how important it is to stay active and fit, to keep my one and ONLY body, and mind, functioning properly.
I feel very grateful and blessed to have a body that in itself is an amazing wonder.
A gift from God.

 I don't like pain, and want to, at all cost, prevent any health issues I can.
I have to watch my cholesterol levels, as high cholesterol runs in my family,
and a recent blood test showed I am borderline high.
I also like eating what I want.
I like fitting in my clothes, and feeling attractive to my Hubby.
Bottom line: It keeps me feeling good, healthy and happy.
Also, being a Libra or in French a "Balance";
I like to feel evenly 'balanced'.

A Happy Body = A Happy Mind = A Happier Life

So Mike and I joined an affordable Gym on October 1st after trying it for a week.

I am now doing Yoga with a great teacher, and have discovered Body Flow and Piyo - which are all lower impact workouts.
I go almost every day to one of those classes, except Sunday of course...
Mike comes with me on Saturdays to Piyo with Elmer - who kicks our behinds and makes us sweat. 
It's our little Fitness date! 
I avoid watching him or listening to him grunt during the workout because it distracts me-
I tend to want to laugh, sorry Honey!

I LOVE it all!
 I've even learned some Ti Chi in Body Flow and like it.

And the best part of it all is that I have seen great results and feel GREAT in my body!
I've definitely gotten stronger and tightened up all over, especially those areas that tend to get loose with age.
Oh, and no more knee pain...


No comments: