Mar 6, 2013

Relief Society Birthday Dinner

Every year, the women in our church celebrate 
the creation of our Sisterhood organisation - the Refief Society. 
Usually, with a dinner.

This week we met and had a great time! 
We were arranged at birthday-month-tables.
Being in October, our table was of course decorated with Halloween stuff.
- Not my favorite, mind you - 
But it was kinda cute! Loved the witch feet coming out of the Cauldron pot.

The food. Awe... the food was outstanding!
We had Cafe Rio pork with all the trimming!
So Yummy!
I had to have seconds...

We had a sweet uplifting spiritual message from one of the Sisters.
Then we played a couple of games.

2 groups - All in a circle
We threw a big beach ball to each other with questions written on them, like:
 - Where would you like to live if you could live anywhere in the world?
 - What is your favorite Disney princess? - Celebrity? - Movie?
- Sweet or Salty?
As we got the ball we would read the one on top and answer it.

Then we each wrote 3 things about ourselves, people might not know about us on a piece of paper.
We crumbled it up and threw it to the table next to us. 
They did the same and we had to read the paper we got and all guess who it could be.

My 3 facts were:

* I've lived on 3 continents.
(Europe, North America, and Australia)

* Even though English is my second language, I have spoken it more than my native language.

* I went spur of the moment hang Gliding

Easy to guess, right?

In all a very fun evening!
I realised too, that I am really starting to feel comfortable within my sisters.
You'd think! After 2 years!
Even if I still don't know half of them...
Those things just take time...
And effort, and some reaching out, and opening up, and serving, and accepting,
and being yourself, and finding common interests, and being a friend, and loving...

For a slightly deep down introvert, it's easier said than done! ;)


No comments: