May 14, 2012

Mother's day


Do I love mother's day?
Well, yes, but I didn't always... On some mother's day I've even wanted to run away.
(I did lock myself in my bedroom a few times, or take the car for a 2 hour drive in the countryside to calm myself down. Don't ask me why, I seam to have completely forgotten? )
Somehow, these seem far tucked back in my memory...
I try to enjoy the day, with not too many expectations.
Today, Justine cooked me dinner, with a little help from me. 
She made me some Couscous! Yummy!
Alexi sent me this sweet quote;
"Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved"

I do love being a mother.
Yeah, I know, there are some days when I can't stand us to be in the same room, 
or they drive me crazy.
But the little moments of joy outweigh those ones. 
I love seeing the great little people they are becoming.

Have you ever asked your parents, how you were as kids? 
I have. 
Well, we were just perfect kids and teens!
We didn't give them any problems...
They must not remember.
I clearly remember fighting, even biting my brother until he bled, 
or me being mean to my little sister and accidentally breaking her bedroom window 
all because she borrowed a shirt without asking.
There must be a thick veil of forgetfulness that comes with age and time.
We only remember the good moments! 
Isn't it great!!! Or maybe it's just my parents?
Anyhow, see what I have to look forward to?
A few more years and our life with our kids will seam all peachy and beautiful...

I must admit, I think that this veil is starting to slowly apear in my mind...
I saw videos of Justine at the Browns last thanksgiving, and boy was she wild! 
All over the place that one!
 And I look at Justine now, so good and beautiful (well she's always been beautiful! :)
Oh Alexi too, he was even more wild.
Now, so calm, you would not think he was the same kid.

I do also hope that my kids will forget and forgive me all the not so good stuff and mistakes
I have made, and still inflict upon them, in my trying to figure out this parenting thing.
I hope they also remember mainly the good.

I'm glad for the sacred opportunity I have of being a Mom.
With all the good and the not so good. 
Cause in the end it will be all good!
That is, if my theory's correct! ;)

I feel this applies perfectly to Parenting.

 "...however late you think you are, 
however many chances you think you have missed, 
however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, 
or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, 
I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. 
It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.
Whether you are not yet of our faith or were with us once and have not remained, 
there is nothing in either case that you have done that cannot be undone. 
There is no problem which you cannot overcome. 
There is no dream that in the unfolding of time and eternity cannot yet be realized. 
Even if you feel you are the lost and last laborer of the eleventh hour, 
the Lord of the vineyard still stands beckoning. 
“Come boldly [to] the throne of grace,” and fall at the feet of the Holy One of Israel. 
Come and feast “without money and without price” at the table of the Lord."
Jeffry R. Holland . The Laborers in the Vineyard

No comments: