Apr 11, 2016

Week 58 - "Stand up and be the man or woman God wants you to be"

Hey everyone! Hope you all have had a great week!

This week a cool miracle happened! We met this man named Will Pointer outside a train station! He and 5 other retired CPA's created this website www.grandmasn.com and he said something about it just being a website thats meant to be like an internet guide for kids, teens, adults, and seniors! Its got a bunch of good wholesome websites to go to and check out! Also the bad websites you should probably block! they made it because of all the junk that is on the internet and how easy it is to accidentally get there! The idea came up to put mormon.org on there! We saw him on Tuesday and he said by Friday our church website would be up! So go and see if he meant it because I cant go check it out! He told us how they were thinking of putting a church up there soon but hadn't yet. He said we just answered his prayers because in a few months they would have had to choose a church to promote anyways! He said he really likes the way the church does things! So yeah! we just aided in putting the churches website onto a place that gets like 400,000 viewers a week or something!

We had a great district meeting this week on using the Book of Mormon in street contacting and had some great opportunities to put that into action!

This week we got to meet with a good amount of members. More than we normally have so that was great!

I got a letter from my mom this week talking about patience! I loved it. I am grateful for the patiences my Father in Heaven and all my loved ones on earth use on my behalf :) One thing that struck me in my mom's letter was at the end she said "don't do it alone!" And I really loved that! So often you hear "Christ knows, Christ is there for you, He understands." But the "don't do it alone" implies that universal truth that we need to do something about it. Christ made it possible for everyone who has ever lived to not go through it alone. Our choice is wether or not to accept his help. We could do it alone but we dont have to. So my friends, "dont do it alone" there are always people there for you. <3

Sunday was stake conference for the Baltimore stake! We had some GREAT Speakers! President and Sister Christiansen (my mission president and his wife) spoke! The stake presidency spoke! our Bishop's brother became the new skate Patriarch and! Linda Reeves of the General Relief Society Presidency spoke! Her daughter and grandkids are in one of the Baltimore wards and she was visiting them! Some thoughts from conference I'd like to share:

"Why do we say we are children of God, yet act as orphans?" 
"Do I believe God can do anything? And do I believe He will do it for me?"
"Flirting with temptation is like picking up a snake and telling ourselves it wont bite us"
"Courage is important, but you must remain steadfast and firm"
"Sharing the gospel is a life long calling giving to every child of Adam and Eve"
"the Book of Mormon heals starving souls" Seriously everyone, read it. it brings answers to questions and comfort to the soul
Sister Linda Reeves said "Minister, as our Savior did, to the refugees"
"Stand up and be the man or woman God wants you to be"

I love you all! Be Christ's hands and lift where you stand :)

Have a great week!

Sister Nakata

No comments: