Apr 4, 2016

Week 57 - Crab Deliciousness & Gun Shots in Baltimore!

Hello family and loved ones!!
So I am pretty sorry, I dont have a ton of time today. But this week has been quite eventful!
One of the elders in my ward had his bum grabbed by an 80 year old gay artist! He was taken significantly aback by that! haha

On Thursday Sister Noa and I finished street contacting in north baltimore area around 4, decided to leave. After we got in the car and started driving away we heard tons of gun shots! We didnt see anything except 3 people run inside from my rearview mirror. But it must have happened just a few streets away from where we were. We had just spent almost an hour walking around the streets over there! Wow does the Lord protect us!
Friday and Saturday night the Hermanas all of a sudden felt really uncomfortable staying in their appartement and stayed with us those two nights! They dont know what was off but they just didn't feel right. They are good now, but it was an interesting weekend that is for sure.
I got to watch conference! If you havent watched it please do! It is so good! The work is coming along here! There are a few potential that we have and also old investigators we are trying to see! The work is hard as always but I know what I am doing it and I am happy to be on the Lords errand.
I realized last night how much special power I hold as a missionary and that I will only have that power for 5 more months. I am so excited for all I am going to be able to do with the Lords help! After that shooting Sister Noa had been a bit shaken up and the two of us received priesthood blessings and in mine I was told as I read, study, and doubt not the Lord will show me miracles and promised that I would be able to leave this area feeling successful! I am so grateful for how mindful the Lord truly is of each and every one of us. This week I learned that again.
I also bought a 1.5lb of frozen crab legs from Aldi's and ate them this week. In one sitting..... :) after I reheated the first pound I thought I had had to eat the rest too.


I also helped Hermana Dahle's while Sister Noa Slept


Love you all! Share your testimony with someone this week :)
Sister Nakata

No comments: