Aug 8, 2013

Splashtown

We all spent a day at Splash Town!
What a day that was!

The kids and uncle Jean Claude (well besides his moment of culpability towards Nat) had lots of fun!

Nat and I had fun for about 30mn, then got on a way scary water ride for her. 
(She is not comfortable in water at all, 
never been on water rides but a small one at the pool this past week )

We all told her it wasn't too scary... And we would be together.
I had been on it once and didn't remember it was so intense!

As soon as we got to the first dip, I saw right away the expression of terror on her face.
I felt every jerk and sensation as if I was her and was terrorised myself!
It was as if time was in slow motion and there was nothing I could do to make things better!
I was powerless! 
I wanted the ride to end, or better yet to never have happened!

She trusted us not to put her on such a ride.
There are no words for how I felt. 
I betrayed her, I let her down, didn't protect her...
I thought she was going to go home early and our friendship would be damaged forever!

Sometimes our actions and mistakes are not reversible... 
We are powerless and at the mercy of the other party to forgive us when 
we do not deserve forgiveness...

I felt that she was never going to forgive me.
But she did.

******

It brought back memories of when we were teens and I went over her
10 story apartment balcony banister with nothing to restrain or protect me.
I just held on tight to the banister.
I could have fallen to my death!
I thought it was funny to scare her... 
Well it was not.
I scared myself years later when I had my first child and rethought of the moment of 
stupid unsafe dare devil prank!

Please think twice before you do dangerous stuff that might hurt those you love or yourself!

******

Nat felt better after some rest in the shade, some water, some ice cream, 
a dip in the lazy river, lunch at Panera Bread and a trip to the mall.
She really had her breath knocked out of her!

*******

Now whenever I drive by Splash Town and see the giant ride where this happened 
I think of how powerless I felt, and I think of Nat and how terrified she was 
and also of her willingness to forgive...

Merci Nat!


No comments: