Apr 25, 2007

Poem from dad to his girls

Justine, for a school project, has to gather lots of different types of poems, she asked her Dad to do one... She is using also this picture of them from 2 years ago to put with it . I think it is beautiful and tender... This is what he wrote.
Pour un projet a l'ecole, Justine doit collectione plein de poems. Elle a demande a son papa de lui en ecrire un hier soir tard. Elle a aussi utilise cette photo d'eux il y a 2 ans. Voici ce qu'il a ecrit. Je trouve cela tres beau et tendre...



It's Late

It's late and the hour is nigh
to tuck you in and say goodbye

One more precious memory more valuable than pearls
one more precious day with my sweet little girls

The music you make is as sweet as can be
your talents and your gifts are so heavenly

The peace of each moment can be stolen so fast
If your time was cut short leaving only your past

Each time that I hug you tight and kiss you good night
There is peace in knowing that you're safe and alright

For my little girls will grow up and move on
But my love and concern will never be gone

Maybe someday when a fine new mother you'll be
you'll understand how I feel, and then you will see

And so I must treasure each day that I can
for eventually you'll grow up and find a young man

While I'm sure you will want him to be rich, fine and strong
I will have my own list too, and it will be much more long!

For he must make it so I sleep easy
knowing my girl is safe as can be

So for now that day may seem so very far far away
remember that a father's love is here to stay

J. Mike Nakata

No comments: