Oct 5, 2015

Week 33 Ponderize, Mothers, and Scientists

Hello dear friends and family!

This past week has been miraculous! We had a wonderful General Conference! It went by so so quickly. I learned so much. I am excited to ponderize scriptures each week! I loved all the talks, especially the ones about mothers! This week is my own mother's birthday and I am happy she has gained another year of wonderful wisdom and experience. I am so grateful for her example and support. Her birthday is the 7th so be sure to wish her a good one! Dad, buy her some flowers, brothers tell her you love her, amelie make her some food or something ahah! Do something special for the woman who has cared for us for so many years and put up with some crazy, silly, frustrating stuff!

My mission president is also amazing, here is an exerpt of his weekly email to all the missionaries that I just love!

I remember hearing of a conversation between a scientist and a missionary. The scientist challenged the faith of a missionary by saying, "Can you see this faith? Touch it? Put it under a microscope? Dissect it and quantify it? The missionary said he could not, but then he asked the scientist, "Do you love your wife?" "Of course I love my wife," responded the professor. "Is that so?" said the missionary. "Can you prove it? Can you see that love? Touch it? Put it under a microscope, dissect it and quantify it?" The professor remained silent. He was reminded that sometimes we know things not because they are tangible or visible, but because of the effect they have on our lives. Faith is like a signal that is ever present. Just because we decide to tune it out doesn't mean it isn't there, in the same way that we are always surrounded by radio and TV signals. Whether we tune in to those signals or not they are still powerfully around us at all times. As we sincerely seek for greater faith we are promised that the Lord will refine our ability to receive these signals and convert our belief into action. Similarly, the Spirit of the Lord is a powerful force that exists outside our physical senses. When our belief is combined with action and confirmed by the power of the Holy Ghost we see great miracles, signs and wonders. Truly, the presence and power of ministering angels are deployed to assist us in this great work of salvation.

I am witnessing many miracles here. I am so happy to be with my companion Sister Stolworthy! She is just great and knows this area so well and helping me get to know it too! She loves the people! The people here love the missionaries, We are getting fed almost every single day! Its crazy.

Last week I had this crazy experience where we left a less active's home and thought about going over to talk to some young folk smoking pot, the spirit prompted us against that, seconds later a Hummer pulls up blasting Spanish rap and a guy runs out of it and starts violently beating up one of the guys we were considering going to talk to! It was CRAZY! I am so grateful for the spirit keeping us protected!

Also it got so cold here! And I tried wearing my boots from when I first came out, they do not fit the same! my calves are a little larger... hehe ahh I love life! We also got caught in the rain! #doingmissionaryworkrainorshine !

Love you all! Watch conference if you missed it!
Sister Nakata


No comments: