Sep 14, 2015

Week 30 - Meeting An Apostle of The Lord

Hey everyone!!
So this week we had a truly amazing experience as a whole mission! Saturday Elder Quentin L. Cook came to our Mission! I got to meet him and took a picture as a mission with him :) It was so cool. He took the time to shake each missionary's hand. He, his wife, a member of the Quoram of Seventy, Elder Gerard, and President and Sister Christiansen addressed us. It was so cool. 

President introduced the Cooks and the Elder Cook got up and said "Is it our funeral or something?" (President was a little dry in his introduction haha) 

It truly was a "spiritual outpouring" as President put it. They told us to love, care for, and encourage the members in our ward. He taught us that as missionaries "we are the message." "We succeed in the invitation" we extent to people. We need to be bold and loving. Sister Cook's "talk" was standing up and choristoring us to "Hark all ye Nations" It was a fun song break. It was so wonderful for us to come together in song and spirit with an Apostle of the Lord.
I am so grateful that the Lord loves us each individually. I have come to know how important that knowledge is. I know with out a doubt that He cares about me and He cares about you. He cares for every single one of His children here on the earth.
Sorry I can't think of much else to share for this week, but that was definitely the most significant part :) I loved it and I am so excited as we as a mission press forward with faith and diligence in fulfillling the Lords work here!
Love you all!
Sister Nakata


No comments: