May 2, 2016

Week 61 - Overjoyed in Nap-Town

I have had the CRAZIEST week!!

I got a call tuesday from Sister Christiansen and found out my new companion got her appendix out THAT MORNING! So instead of a normal transfer day I got to go to the Mission home with the departing missionaries and meet Sister Udall! The cutest sister! We stayed at the mission home until friday morning letting Sister Udall recoup and heal. We got to be part of the departing missionary dinner and devotional they always have. I got to see the sweetest goodbye between Sister Udall and her trainer, Sister Blanchard (who was going home). We got to eat some burger cookies with the Senior missionaries that stayed there (President and Sister Christiansen went to a mission presidents seminary for 2 days). and we got to participate their family scripture study with their two daugthers!


I am out of time so I am going to insert here my email I sent to President Christiansen!

Dear President! 

Ah! I love this new transfer! So so much! I love Sister Udall! She is a rock star and exactly obedient and diligent and loving and kind and wonderful and I could go on for days! Wednesday night I prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for a new best friend! There are things we are going to work on together so by the end of this transfer we are going to be PRIME missionaries! We set a goal to invite someone to be baptized every day this transfer! She's really amazing

I love that I am in a new area! Sister Udall and I had weekly planning Thursday morning before you and Sister Christiansen left. And in that weekly planning Sister Udall was able to give me the rundown of all the amazing work we have going on in this ward. So many potential investigators and nearly all of them are friends or family of members! How awesome! As I have gotten to know more about the ward I have been able to recognize how much work there is to be done and its not going to be easy either! But that can be the best kind of work. :)

I keep feeling the blessings POURING from the Lord right now. I am overjoyed, President. The other blessings I am seeing is that I am in an area right next to my first area I served in a year ago! The Odenton sisters have been able to tell me all about my past investigators and street contacts and convert! Theresa is determined to get baptized this transfer, a minister I ran into and gave a Book of Mormon to believes it is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet, a man I taught with Sister Ward said once again that he would get baptized if I married him (Sister Ward was about ready to punch him last year for that), families I love are still going strong! I get to serve in the same building as Hermana Dahle again! 4th transfer in a row now. She is an eternal best friend. And I got to see my very first ward mission leader at church this Sunday! He and his wife lived in Odenton a year ago, have sinced moved to Utah and were visiting the Annapolis ward (who share buildings with the broadneck ward) this past Sunday. How crazy!
I also got to ride in a nice convertible yesterday!


I and this other attached picture is on of me and Sister Spencer

The wife of my first ward Missionary Leader! :)



I love you all so much! I know the Lord blesses us!
I know that he helps us through the bad times!
I know He's helped me through mine and is going to continue to help me!

Make it a great week!

Sister Nakata

No comments: