Jun 13, 2009

My 1st 5K!

I just ran my first 5 kilometer race! I've been running about 3 times a week in the mornings for just 20mn. About a month ago, a group of moms was organized, by some moms at our church.(I've got a link to the blog in "useful blogs"). We are going to run/walk for local 5k and 10k's, for local charities. I joined the group hoping it would motivate me to do more cardio, and so far it has worked. Anyway, I was surprised that I actually ran the whole thing! I did walk towards the end for about 2mn... I did it under 40mn! I know, I'm slow, but I did it!
Here we are after the race, still standing!
Je viens just de courrir mon premier marthon de 5km. Je vais courir a peu pres 3 fois par semaine le matin pour 20mn. Il y a un mois, j'ai joint un group de maman a notre eglise, en espoir de me motiver pour faire du cardio. Nous allons faire des courses de 5km et 10km localement pour des charites. Jusqu'a present cela marche. Bref, je me suis bien surprise, car j'ai tout courru sauf 2mn vers la fin. J'ai fini en dessous de 40mn! Je sais, je suis lante, mais je l'ai fait!!!!

1 comment:

5xLLLL=Nous said...

Bravo Sandrine !! Tu es beaucoup plus courageuse que moi !! j'ai essayé de courir avec Tim..mais j'ai marché tout le long !! en même temps tu es plus sportive que moi mais quand même je t'admire ainsi que toutes ses femmes !! Encore bravo et l'important c'est de l'avoir fait !!