Apr 23, 2012

Children's Alexi Update


So I took a little trip to Cincinnati to spend a little time with Alexi. 
He spent a week at Children's getting a pick line to feed him lipids and fat. 
They want to put some fat in that boy (his average weight has been around 95lb), 
so his body gets out of the "lets-survive" mode into the "lets-heal" mode.

Everything went very well. 
He put on 6 pounds while he was in the hospital!
The Johnsons call him "Fatty" now!
He also has more energy.
I so wish he gets better soon so he doesn't have to deal with this Crones disease.
It's taking so long...

I brought him home on Monday.
Nurses came a few times to make sure he was all set up and doing things correctly.
I was very happy to spend a little time with him every day.
We had lunch, shopped for food and clothes. 
We even watched a movie: "Sherlock holmes 2"
It took me, like, 30 mn before I knew what was going on in that movie!

Anyhow, I'm glad I was able to go (Vive SkyMiles!).
I was also able to see some good friends, unfortunately, not all of them.
But that's ok, because, I'll be back!!!! :)

Oh, lets not forget how happy I was to be with my friend Sarah!!!
She is so awesome and incredible!
She does so much for me and my family, especially Lexi!
I know it is a big sacrifice for all in their family, to have taken in Alexi for so long...


No comments: